LP Stories

This is a blog dedicated for all GITians who enjoyed our time when we were working together. Life was tough. But we've proven once that tough life can be enjoyable too. Keep coming back for good memories....

Saturday, July 23, 2005

(Not) Young and Dangerous Dinner

One unfine day, Ninja (Francis) called me on my mobile phone. I had left GIT by then and therefore I did not recognise the called numberat first. After chit-chatting for a while, he said he would like to meet up for dinner. I am not so close to Ninja but I suspect CKS had given Ninja my contact number. So I sms CKS after the call with Ninja for dinner suggestions as I don't mind having dinner with both of them.

After a while, we agreed on Young&Dangerous (Y&D) the next day at 7pm for dinner. I was glad that after all this time, I am still remembered by the Revered in GIT. I reminder CKS via sms to inform Ninja as well as to provide Ninja wih the directions to Y&D.

The next day after I had picked up my wife; I sms CKS at about 6.30pm that I will be late as I am still stuck in the traffic jam. It would be better for him to order the food first and not having to wait for us to arrive.

Imagine the pleasant surprise I got when CKS sms me saying that his "Visa" application to his "reporting officer" has been denied so he will not be able to join us for dinner. I felt so sorry for him in missing out on the dinner. He must have gone hungry that night.

I was so glad I found that out that piece of news by myself. I am so pleased with myself for having the initiative to sms else I would never have known until I reached the eating place. The sense of responsibility and respect for my fellow human being has not been lost on me.

I arrived late with my wife at about 7.30pm. (Better late than never) But imagine the next pleasant surprise that was installed for me. I saw Ninja with 5 other "assassins".

Apparently Ninja had "jio" 5 other "deities" for the dinner. They turn out to be 5 engineers from HK (Hong Kong, not James = Horny King) on duties in the Singapore office. "Safe to sit down", I assured my wife.

It was one of the most fruitful and enjoyable dinner that I ever had in all my 25 years. I had a good 2 hours of intense conversational Cantonese training as well as all the SS7 technical updates that I will ever need all my life. For that, I am eternally grateful!

The only downside for me regarding this whole dinner was that I did not contribute to anything at all to the betterment of my fellow dinner mates at the same table - technical or financial.

I had great regard for CKS when I left GIT. I always felt that he was the misunderstood soul that all (not only the engineers) in GIT were envious and loathed at the same time. I was there to witness his progress and growth in GIT. He is the prodigal genius that will never be understood and appreciate in his time.

After that night, I stood in awe of the enlightenment as well as a twinge of sadness that I probably would never in my remaining years ever be in the presence of his greatness again.

Hence, I humbly thank you for such a wonderful and unforgetable evening. Never again.

10 Comments:

At July 14, 2005 3:37 PM, Blogger bgshawn said...

Hahahhaa... He has to put it up. He die die also wanna put this up.

He is still angry. Put it inside comments not enough.. He wants this up.. Hahahhahahaa.a..a..

 
At July 14, 2005 4:46 PM, Blogger khimsiu said...

knn ... send to you to put up u ignore ... so must do it myself.

 
At July 14, 2005 9:07 PM, Blogger JFK said...

hahaha... must invite CKS to come in and see leh.. make sure after reading this, u will 'fan2 xing3' and treat you to Y&D.... muahaha...

 
At July 15, 2005 9:01 AM, Blogger khimsiu said...

where got go to Y&D only ... nosignboard ... but he must get his VISA application done 1 yr in advance ... bahahahaha

 
At July 23, 2005 8:25 PM, Blogger HK said...

Must include me

 
At July 24, 2005 2:52 PM, Blogger khimsiu said...

include for what?

 
At July 25, 2005 9:57 AM, Blogger JFK said...

how come the story back here again?? i tot posted before? Why? Mai Pang Sua ah?? hahaha

 
At July 25, 2005 10:16 AM, Blogger HK said...

I meant include me for no sign board. HIGHLIGHT eat.

 
At July 25, 2005 11:27 AM, Blogger khimsiu said...

sorry man ... we went last Wednesday liao ... no one informed you?

 
At July 28, 2005 4:48 PM, Blogger HK said...

dun say liao. anyway last wed i should be oversea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home